Sunday, October 8
You are invited to bring your special pet, animal, or picture to worship on Sunday, October 8 for a blessing. There will be a blessing for the animals at both services, held as part of the Sunday service.
Some tips for bringing your animals:
- Small animals like cats and dogs, mice and hamsters, birds and fish will be blessed in the sanctuary during service. Larger animals like horses, cattle, sheep, and goats will be blessed in the parking lot after the service.
- Be sure to walk your animal prior to the service.
- Dogs must be on leashes, and cats in a harness or cage. If you don’t have one, bring the animals anyway, and try to hold them so they do not bother other people or animals.
- Don’t leave your animal unattended, as they may get confused and frightened.
- If you bring your dog, try not to sit next to a herd of cats, and vice versa.
- The animals often will be very quiet in church, but if your animal begins to act up or bark loudly, you might want to consider taking it for a short walk to calm it down.
- There will be bottles of Resolve, so if there is an accident, you will be responsible for clean up. In eight years, of blessings, the Resolve was not needed, according to Pastor Dan.
- Bring your animals forward with you for the blessing, and enjoy God’s love of all creation!