Jesus Calms the Storm
• Family pods may have up to 12 children in a pod for rising 1st-6th graders.
• Families can sign up to be with other families in a pod together as space allows.
• Pods will meet in-person Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday mornings from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
• Children not able to meet in-person will be invited to meet via Zoom.
• Everyone will have access to the VBS video introduction of the Bible story and music.
• All family pods will be invited to an off-site, in-person hike at a park on Friday.
• May 1: Registration Opened for Gloria Dei Families
• May 15: Registration Opened for families who have attended Gloria Dei VBS in the past
• May 22: Registration Opens for the community
• June 27: Registration Closes. This is the last day to register for VBS 2021.• We will waitlist families as the need arises.
Volunteers are at the heart of VBS and make the week so special! Anyone going into seventh grade and older is invited sign up to help at VBS!
Volunteers are needed for the following areas: Shepherds, Activity Sessions, Recreation, Snacks, Greeters, Safety, Medical, Technology, and Set Up.
To volunteer, please contact Deacon Beth Tobin or click the link for more information and the VBS Volunteer Form.
The VBS registration fee for each child is $25. Many of the supplies for VBS will be ordered in bulk online. We are also collecting school supplies for Lutheran World Relief School Kits. If you wish to help offset the cost of VBS or provide a sponsorship for a child, please mark your donations for VBS. We are so grateful. Thank you so much for your generosity and support.
• Donate online at www.GloriaDeiOlympia.org• Write a check out to Gloria Dei and indicate VBS on the memo line• Give by text. To make a text donation, text “25 VBS” (or however much you wish to donate) to 833-612-6015. First time users will be asked to associate a debit or credit card to use for text donations. You may wish to add “GDLC Text Giving” to your contacts, with the number 833-612-6015.
Please contact Deacon Beth with any questions or for more information at ChildrensMinistry@GloriaDeiOlympia.org or 360-951-1431. Thank you so much for holding VBS and everyone involved in planning and safety in your prayers. We’re excited for this great week of learning together!
The following supplies are needed for school kits that VBS children will get to assemble. Supplies may be brought to the church office anytime during office hours. Thank you so much for your wonderful support as we work to share God’s love with others in this way. This is such a fun and meaningful project for children to get to help other children. More information about school kits may be found at www.lwr.org.
For questions about VBS or the school kit service project, please contact Deacon Beth Tobin at ChildrensMinistry@GloriaDeiOlympia.org or 360-951-1431. Thank you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:All items in school kits should be brand new.
Please do not donate any items decorated with a U.S. flag, patriotic or military symbols, or references to the armed forces, including camouflage. Please do not donate items with any religious symbols, messages or your congregation’s name.