We LOVE kids at Gloria Dei! Children are welcome in all aspects of worship and community life — wiggles, noises, questions and all!
Gloria Dei prioritizes ministry with children and cultivates an environment where children feel welcome and at home. Services are on Sundays at 9:00 & 11:00 a.m. with Sunday school at 10:00 a.m. There are Wednesday evening activities as well. All are welcome! You are invited to check it out!
Children in Worship:
Children of all ages are welcome to participate in all parts of worship, including receiving communion. Please feel free to talk with Deacon Beth or our pastors with any questions you or your children have. When children are in fourth grade there is a special time of learning about communion with Deacon Beth (one of our Milestone Ministries).
To parents of Young Children: Relax! 😎
God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress those wiggles in God’s house.
- Consider sitting toward the front in worship where it is easier for your little ones to engage.
- Quietly explain the parts of the service and actions of the pastors, musicians and leaders.
- Sing the hymns and songs, pray and voice the responses. Children learn behavior by mimicking you.
- If you have to leave the worship space with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the children come to me.”
- Worship activity bags are available and are located across from the restrooms. Children are invited to “build” their own bag with items of their choice to support their worship experience.
- At the time of this writing nursery care is not yet available post-covid. Infants and young children are most certainly welcome in worship. Noises and all.
- The entrance to the main sanctuary has a nursery cart offering some extra wiggle room for children when needed.
- Sunday School is from 10:00 – 10:55 a.m., September into June.
- Infants through Kindergarten meet in their same classroom space throughout the year.
- Grades 1-5 meet in a variety of locations. Please note the schedules posted. Grades 1-5 may be picked up in the Choir Room, upstairs at 10:55.
- Grades 6-8 meet upstairs in The Sheep Pen, Room 217. Students engage in deeper Bible learning and time for questions and fun all while being supported as they transition through middle school and junior high.
- Grades 9-12 meet upstairs in the Youth Room.
- The Adult Forum meets in the Fireside Room.
- Grades 2-5 are encouraged to bring their Bibles to Sunday School.
- Sunday school offering is collected each week at Prayer Table time. Donations support a variety of ministries with input from the children.
- Children in Grades 1-5 have the opportunity to learn Key Bible Verses which may be found online or on the current rotation (Bible story) schedule.
- Would you like to help? Let’s find what works best for you.
- Feedback, ideas, and questions are most welcome.
Click here for More Information about Sunday School and how to Register.
Join the Christmas Choir!
All children and youth are invited to sing in choirs at Gloria Dei for the Advent/Christmas season. No experience is necessary and all are welcome!
We we be singing two anthems at the 5:00 p.m. Christmas Eve service on December 24. We would love for all children and youth to get to sing together and be part of the Christmas choir.
Wednesdays, November 1, 8, 15, 29:
Two’s – PreK/Kindergarten 5:40 – 6:05 p.m.
K/1st – 2nd/3rd Grade 5:00 – 5:40 p.m.
2nd/3rd – 9th Grade 6:05 – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesdays, December 6, 13: (During Advent)
Two’s – PreK/Kindergarten 5:25 – 5:50 p.m.
K/1st – 2nd/3rd Grade 5:00 – 5:40 p.m.
2nd/3rd – 9th Grade 5:50 – 6:40 p.m.
Advent Worship 6:45 – 7:15 p.m.
Saturday, December 16:
Combined Rehearsal 11:30 – 11:45 a.m. – Sanctuary
This will take place following the Children’s Christmas Program Rehearsal. (10:00 – 11:30 a.m.)
If you can’t make all of the rehearsals but your child(ren) or youth would like to sing, we can make arrangements. We would love for everyone who would like to, to be able to sing.